The areas massively damaged by the industrial production before 1990 are regarded as old environmental burden. The public sector as well as wrong social priorities played an important role in the formation of these localities.
The former regulations did not tackle the issues of the environmental protection. Moreover, there was a complete lack of information about the possible impact of various types of contamination on human health and nature. The economic potential of the state, in addition, did not allow to take measures, which are quite common nowadays.
The following are the examples of the causes of environmental burden:
- leaks of hazardous substances from the technological equipment in industrial plants,
- careless disposal of hazardous waste in unsecured landfill sites, former quarries and ravines,
- improper storage of raw materials, wastes and other products,
- negligence of operators,
- abandoning of former operation centres without their being cleaned and secured properly.
Environmental remediation is not only needed due to the modern approach to the environment and legislation in force, but also because the contaminated localities can be used again for the benefit of all.
Experience of Marius Pedersen in remediation of old environmental burden
- We have been removing old environmental burden in the Czech Republic since 1993 and we are familiar with the specifics of the local environment.
- In the last 14 years we have participated in environmental remediation in over 50 localities as a supplier or a subsupplier.
- Marius Pedersen employs qualified personnel and owns top-quality technical equipment and is a holder of required certificates and permissions.
- Among others, over 100 specialists with a university degree work for the company, most of whom have qualifications necessary for environmental remediation.
- We cooperate with research institutes, universities and we test and introduce gradually new methods of treatment and utilization of industrial and hazardous waste.